- I agree that the animal is being adopted for myself and will not be sold, adopted, or given to another party.
- I agree that the animal will not be allowed to run at large without supervision. When taking my dog outdoors, s/he will be on a secure harness and wear proper ID.
- (If adopting a cat) I agree that I will not declaw the cat or allow the cat outdoors.
- (If adopting a dog) I agree that this dog is to be a companion animal, not a guard dog. Or to be used in any illegal way
- I agree that the animal must be spayed/neutered by 5 months of age. If the animal is not spayed/neutered prior to adoption, proof of surgery must be mailed to the Planning Dept. within 30 days of the procedure.
- I agree to care for the animal in a humane manner. This includes supplying adequate food, water, shelter, attention, and medical care.
- I agree that if at any point I can not keep the animal, I will return him/her to the original rescue without requesting a fee.
- I understand and agree that the Planning Dept (Animal Control) makes no guarantees about the animal's temperament and is not responsible for future damages or injuries caused by the animal.
- I give the Planning dept (Animal Control) permission to call or visit my home at any reasonable time to assure that the animal is being properly treated and cared for.
- I agree to keep the Planning Dept. (Animal Control) informed of my current home address and phone number.
I agree that all the above statements are true. If it is found that any statements are not true, the adopted animal can be confiscated.Download Adoption Application Here